Friday, May 25, 2007

Intro <--- start here

This blog is all about designing and building your own loudspeakers. I don't consider myself a "self-styled expert" or anything like that – I just want to help and encourage people who are interested in the subject! So check out the posts, feel free to write comments and make suggestions and whatnot :-)

Anyway, I find that writing about the technical aspects of loudspeakers, reading what others have written, mulling things over and just thinking about how they work helps to improve my own understanding too.

I see "do it yourself" loudspeaker building as a pretty cool hobby. I could try to sell the virtues of DIY concepts and encourage others, but if it's not your 'thing' then there's probably not much I can do about it except perhaps to ask: why buy a shiny mass-produced "clone" of some sort, when you can build something unique?

No comments: